Tuesday, June 9, 2009

I'd Love a Personal Chef

Sometimes I really wish we had more money. I really don't think I'd live like a queen, but I would like a personal chef. I'm sure a maid wouldn't really help me since the kids would keep messing everything up. Besides, they need to learn how to pick up after themselves.

But a chef, that seems different. What do I get out of cooking for our family? Moans and groans about the food that they don't like that night, half eaten plates and a messy kitchen. I don't think I would miss some important lesson not doing the meal planning and cooking.

I would love to not have to plan meals, worry about what's for dinner or even decide what is for lunch. Breakfast seems easy for me with cereal being a big contributor to the meals. We also have pancakes, waffles, pop-tarts and breakfast burritos when Scott makes breakfast.

My kids would live on mac-n-cheese, pizza, tacos, or hot dogs if I let them. They don't like to try new things, which they get from their father, but I do. If I find something I like that is new, I don't usually make it again, since they either didn't like it or wouldn't try it the first time.

I often get stuck in a rut and feel like I'm always making the same dinner. No one helps me make a plan for the week and then they complain about the dinner I'm making. I've tried to get them to help me in the preparations, which they like to do, but then they still don't like what has been made.

I would love to have a person make healthy meals for my family with about a month's rotation to the menu. The best part would be that I wouldn't have to be taken away from the family to prepare and clean up the meals.

No comments:

Post a Comment