Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Anniversary Thoughts

I've been married to my wonderful husband for 9 years now. I still can't believe that much time has really gone by. It still seems like last week we were on our honeymoon (although sometimes I really wish we could go on a week long trip by ourselves and the kids would stay here with grandparents).

We went to Kauai, Hawaii. What an awesome place. It is a small island and there is not a lot of tourism there. We went snorkeling or scuba diving every day, I think. It was not a relaxing trip as we had something planned every day. There was a beach right next to the road and a parking lot that we went to often. How great to have parking right across from the beach! The inlet was near a small reef and was great for snorkeling. One of the things I remember about this place was that the drive to get there was somewhat rural at one spot and there was this awesome row of large trees that lined the road.

Back then I kept my eye on our 10 year anniversary. I knew it would be quite a milestone for me. Now it is only 1 year away!

I have been dreaming of a great vacation to celebrate. My mind keeps taking me to an all-inclusive resort. I know that they cost more, but I don't care. I want to spend the money up front and then enjoy my time there not worrying about the money. I want to be peaceful on a beach drinking fruity island drinks. I want to play in the water and do some water sports, maybe even some scuba diving. I want to sleep in and dance and party at night! I also want to be gone for a full week and not worry about the kids at home.

I have a feeling this trip might not happen just as I plan, on my anniversary, but not because of anything that we can control. And now I've decided it will be alright because my wonderful husband will be happier than he has been in a long time. He deserves this time and I know he will take me on my trip whenever it works for all involved. I love him so much and am just happy he still loves me. We will celebrate our love whenever we can, no matter where we are in a year.

Thank you Scott for 9 great years. I look forward to many, many more! I love you.

No comments:

Post a Comment