Monday, June 22, 2009

Father's Day '09

I felt a little bad about Father's Day this year. I didn't get my husband a gift from me or the kids. We have been trying to save money and I was really busy last week. Not really a good excuse.

That being said, I did try to make it a nice day for him. We had breakfast in bed for him followed by the card giving. I tried to pick out really nice cards that told him how we all feel about him. Then we all headed to a fancy pool.

This pool is awesome! It has 2 large slides, a lazy river, kid playground in the water and an Olympic sized pool where you can actually dive off the side. This pool also had low and high diving boards.

We got there right when it opened and got a great spot to put our stuff in the shade. We played for a good 2 hours and left to grab a bite to eat. We came back and spent another 3 hours playing.

Probably the best part, for me, was seeing my 2 little boys go off the diving board for the first time! I really didn't think they were ready for it, but Scott was comfortable, so we let them go. Logan did wonderful. He learned to open his eyes under water and could swim directly to the ladder. He even went off the high dive a couple of times! Carter also did well. He too learned to open his eyes and could swim to the side. Problem for him came when he wanted to go off the board one more time while Scott and Logan were at the high dive. I told him I would be there at the ladder for him, but he wanted me in the water. When he came up after his jump, I was on the side instead. He panicked. I had to jump in and coax him to the side. That was enough for him that day.

We all had a really good time. Unfortunately, we all got burned despite the 55+ sunblock I put on everyone (even reapplied). All were tired and took a short nap on the way home. I didn't buy a gift this year, but I hope the memories we had at the pool will always be with him (and me) to cherish and look back on.

Happy Father's Day Scott and to all!

No comments:

Post a Comment