Wednesday, June 10, 2009

9th Anniversary

This year we celebrated our 9 year anniversary! One more year 'til the big 1-0.

Looking back it has gone by so fast. We started our life together in an apartment that we were planning on being in for at least a year. Then I got to thinking. Let's get a house. I don't remember why I wanted to move so quickly, but Scott indulged me and we looked and found our first home. We were lucky; it was brand new with money already put down from the guy that had it built. That meant we had some bargaining power and instant equity.

From there, we decided to get a dog. A golden retriever we named Ripley. He was a good dog, just a little high strung (I know he was a puppy, but we eventually moved and couldn't afford a fence. I also didn't like him scratching my hardwood floors. We found him a nice family in the country with lots of kids and running room).

We traveled to L.A. to celebrate our first anniversary since Scott worked for the airlines and we could fly for free. The second year we flew to Ft. Lauderdale, FL. I was pregnant with Logan. The third year Aunt Christy came to stay the night with Logan while we went to a local theme-park hotel. I don't remember the rest sadly to say, but we added to our family a total of 4 kids. We also sold our first home, built a new home and moved into a nice neighborhood. Scott and I also changed jobs one time each.

This year though, I'm writing it down here.

Scott surprised me by getting Grace's birthstone placed in my mother's necklace. I hadn't worn it since she was born.

The kids and I went to the store to get items to have a picnic. I had wanted to surprise Scott, but events that were out of my control ruined that. Carter was hit by a bakery cart at Wal-mart and we had to fill out a report. This delayed my plans. We rushed home and made the sandwiches and things. I was going to go to Sonic for free floats, but found out they weren't available until 8pm. Good thing was I wanted to get Scott a rose and QT was close. Two birds with one stone: drinks and a flower. We met at a park and I did get to surprise him with his card and flower. He was happy and the kids were happy since they could play.

Scott got off early and we waited for his aunt and uncle to come over to watch the kids. (Thanks so much!) We went mini-golfing like we did on our first date, had some drinks and appetizers at a restaurant, and went to a movie (Ghosts of Girlfriends Past).

The weather was perfect and I really had a good time. It is nice to get out once in a while.

No comments:

Post a Comment