Sunday, July 5, 2009

Why Do Only Girls Do Certain Stupid Things?

Sometimes I really hate being a girl. Let's face it, sometimes we do stupid things.

We were going out of town for my mother's birthday and the 4th of July. I spent the morning finishing laundry, packing the kids and cleaning the kitchen. I decided since Scott told me he would be getting off early, we would have time to get family pictures taken.

I knew the pictures would take a while, but I didn't think an hour and a half! Then, Scott told me he had to go back to work for a while and didn't know when he'd be able to get off.

I took the kids home and fed them. I then finished up the packing. I decided to fore go naps so the kids would sleep away part of the trip.

Two hours later, Scott still was not home and the girls were at their limits. I decided to help Scott by packing up the van. We usually do this by backing it up into the garage. Now, I am not good at backing up, and can admit that. But today I did a great job! I was able to get it all the way in, except a couple inches of the front end.

I popped the back hatch and loaded it up. Then, I thought, "Scott may not be home for a couple more hours. I'll try to scooch the van in a little more so I can close the garage door." I left the hatch open so we could still put in Scott's stuff.

I proceeded to back up and ran the back door into some storage shelving! Of course I get out and what do I see? Scott driving up and pulling in! I almost cried. I could do nothing.

I bent the bottom of the door so much the paint flaked, torqued the door since I hit only one side and not straight on, and bent the vertical angle so it wouldn't close properly. Thankfully, Scott was able to bend all 3 areas so it works now, but really! I didn't hit it that hard, and yet so much damage!

Only a girl would do this, I'm sure. And I know this will go down in the memory book to be brought up year after year.

Hopefully, the rest of our weekend will go much better.

No comments:

Post a Comment