Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Driving to Atlanta-Part 3 (7/11/09)

The rest of the trip was pretty typical for our family. The youngest 3 took short naps after lunch. We drove for a couple of hours then stopped to get gas in Marion, IL.

The weather was looking bad, and we found out the Marion had just had a severe thunderstorm with hail. Thankfully, we missed it!

I took over the driving for 3 hours while Scott tried to rest while the kids watched a movie. But the kids didn't stay quiet for long, so Scott didn't get much of a nap.

We stopped at Sonic for dinner. We decided to get our and eat at the picnic tables to stretch. I think Scott and I were starting to get annoyed with it all. I accidentally spilled a drink which he didn't respond very well to and the kids didn't want to eat much, which I didn't like much. To top it off, we piled in the van to hit the local Target for a potty break, and when we arrived, Malea was missing a shoe! I had to carry her to the bathroom and back. When we returned, I remembered that the sliding door has a storage pocket. I asked Scott if her shoe was in there. It was!

Back in the car with everything we needed, we were off for the last 3 hours of the drive. Thankfully, the last 1 1/2-2 hours were quiet as all were asleep (except Logan since he took a good nap before dinner, and he played some games).

We arrived safely at my in-laws after 12 hours of drive time and a total of 16 1/2 of travel time!

No comments:

Post a Comment