Monday, July 13, 2009

Getting Ready for Vacation (Friday 7/10/09)

Tomorrow we leave for our 2 week long trip to Georgia. I've been getting ready all week. I'm packing a bag of snacks, a bag of movies and a cooler for drinks. I've filled the van with gas and gotten the money from the bank. I've also put a stop on our mail and made sure all the bills are paid.

So today is dedicated to doing all the laundry and packing all the suitcases. Scott it trying to get off a little early so he can change the oil in the van and rotate the tires. He is also going to mow the lawn.

I started the morning by washing the towels and sheets and realized my washer and dryer were taking longer than usual. "Great, of course when I really need to do laundry!" is all I could think. Thankfully I figured that the outside lent trap was full, so the dryer began working better and the washer did better with the clothes, too. I don't know why it wouldn't spin the towels and sheets better, but I'll deal with it another day.

The best part of the packing for me was realizing I could get all 2 weeks worth of clothes for the kids and close to for Scott and me. I absolutely hate doing laundry n vacation and take all necessary routes to avoid it-even packing for 2 weeks! Now, I just hope the kids don't get so dirty they need multiple outfits a day. I will have to do some laundry for Scott and myself, but I hope I can just do one load.

No comments:

Post a Comment